The Advantages of SSD
SSD is a type of disk that stores data. It has faster read and write speeds compared to traditional hard drives. Therefore, it can speed up the operation of the system and the startup of the computer. Many users choose to use SSD as a boot disk to improve performance. This article summarizes the advantages of SSD for you as follows. It is also due to these advantages that more and more users have the need to clone SSD.
- Fast start-up: SSDs do not have a motor to accelerate the rotation process, so they can start up much faster.
- High performance: DRAM-based SSDs are extremely fast to write.
- Less noise: SSDs are basically noiseless when working because they have no mechanical motors or fans.
- More lightweight: Low-capacity SSDs are smaller and lighter than hard drives of the same capacity.
- Low latency: SSDs do not use magnetic heads and can be read quickly and randomly with very little read latency.
- Low power consumption: The low-capacity flash-based SSDs consume less energy and generate less heat during operation.
Best Free SSD Cloning Software for Windows 11/10/8/7
After understanding the benefits of SSDs, I believe you can understand why so many users want to clone SSDs. In addition to these benefits, cloning an SSD is equivalent to making an exact backup of the source disk, which will maximize the security of the data on the disk. Even if your source disk accidentally has any problems, you can still find the previous data from the cloned disk and access and use them properly. This is a big reason why most people want to clone SSDs.
Well, to clone SSD successfully, you need one of the best SSD disk cloning software windows 10. AOMEI Backupper Standard can also help you to solve this problem. It can help you achieve the goal of cloning SSD easily, besides, you can also boot your computer directly from the cloned disk after cloning. It also has these advantages as below.
- Intelligent clone: It allows you to clone large disks to small disks, even if you have bad sectors on the source disk, it will automatically skip the bad sectors to finish the cloning process.
- Sector-by-sector clone: You can choose this feature when you need to clone disks of equal capacity or clone a small disk to a large one. It helps you to clone all sectors on the source disk regardless of whether they are used or not.
- SSD alignment: This feature helps you speed up the read and write speed of your target SSD.
- Various SSDs: It supports most of the SSD types on the market as well as SSD brands.
- Good system compatibility: It also supports different Windows operating systems, including Windows 11, 10, 8.1, 8, 7, XP, Vista, etc.
Step by Step Operational Process for SSD Cloning
This software is simple and easy to understand. All you need to do is follow the operational procedure below. You will easily master how to clone SSD and how to make SSD bootable. First, before you start, you need to connect your target SSD to your computer and make sure it is recognized by the computer. Then backup software free download AOMEI Backupper Standard and install it. Since the content of the target disk will be wiped during the cloning process, it is recommended that you backup files to external hard drive in advance.
Once you have finished the preparation work, you can follow the steps below to start the process.
Step 1. Open the best cloning software for SSD and click Clone > Disk Clone.
Tip: Cloning MBR to MBR (system disks), and the data disk are free. If you need to copy disks between two GPT disks or between GPT and MBR disks, just upgrade to the professional edition.
Step 2. Choose your original SSD as the source disk and click on Next button to continue.
Step 3. Select the other SSD as the destination disk and click on the Next button.
Step 4. Tick SSD Alignment checkbox for accelerating the reading and writing speed of SSD, finally click Start Clone.
Edit Partitions: The feature is able to change the partition size automatically or manually (advanced version).
After cloning, you can change the boot order in the BIOS, and make your SSD the first boot option. In addition to disk cloning, this software can also move program files from C to D.
This article introduces the advantages of SSD and why you should clone SSD. The best cloning software for SSD – AOMEI Backupper Standard can help you clone SSD with just a few clicks. After cloning, you can directly boot your computer from the cloned SSD.
Whether you want to clone a small disk to a large disk or clone a large disk to a small disk, or even a source disk with bad sectors, it can complete the cloning task successfully. And it supports many SSD types and brands as well as different Windows operating systems. It also has SSD alignment feature to speed up the read and write speed of your target SSD.
Moreover, AOMEI Backupper has a System Clone feature that can help you only transfer OS to new drive. If you need to clone a partition you can choose its Partition Clone feature. It can meet your various cloning needs. You can download this software to explore more useful features.