It’s crucial that you only choose legit and safe online casinos to play at. Insecure online casino websites are prone to get hacked and consequently, your data will also be stolen. In many cases, the stolen data can be information that can be used to identify you, while in other cases sensitive data such as credit card information might also get stolen.
Hackers target weaker sites
Hackers will nearly always target weaker websites. A weak website is simply a website that’s not encrypted. Regardless of the size, traffic, or popularity of the website, it can be attacked if it doesn’t have proper encryption. That’s why gambling at online casinos such as Gclub ( จีคลับ – in Thai) is essential for the safety of your data.
SSL encryption is visible when you visit a website. Right before the website address, you will find a lock icon. Clicking on this lock icon will tell you whether or not the website is secure (whether or not it uses SSL encryption).
Insecure websites are prone to hacking activities that can gain the information submitted to the website, such as payment information or profile forms.
Other weaknesses in websites:
- Some websites are hosted on weaker servers. These servers can be taken done by concentrated attacks called DDoS.
- There might be vulnerabilities associated with certain third-party functions such as payment gateways, forum software, profile management functions, and so on. If exposed, these vulnerabilities become openings that hackers can target and penetrate.
- If a website isn’t properly registered and licensed, it can be taken down by the government of the country from where it’s operated.
Your financial data can be at risk
If you submit your financial data on insecure websites (those without SSL encryption) then it can be at a high risk of being hacked. Always find out whether or not a website uses SSL encryption. Don’t transact on websites that don’t.
Also, keep your passwords unique so that even if your email and password combination is found out in a data breach on an insecure website, it will not affect the rest of your online presence.
Look out for gaming licenses
Legit online casinos are run by legit businesses. Companies that handle these operations are usually registered in countries such as Curacao. They are licensed as per the laws of those countries. One of such casinos is Lnwasiaslot that provides word-famous winner55 slot games.
Legit online casinos will display their licensing and company registration information right on their website footer, or at least in their Contact or About pages.
Look out for this information. If you cannot find it, it’s likely that the website isn’t registered or licensed. Using these websites is risky.
Install and antivirus software and network firewall
Lastly, antivirus and network firewalls are important ways to keep your device safe from malware, viruses, and other types of attacks.
- Keep your antivirus updated.
- Set up firewall rules to block illegitimate network activity.
- Install Malwarebytes along with antivirus software.
If you’ve not been attacked on the internet so far, then it’s okay to not go for a paid antivirus and just place your trust in the default Windows Defender software.